Saturday, June 4, 2011

Breaking Rules....

The hardest part about my love and his family leaving was having to sit and listen to service after service of their name being trashed and having everything his mother and father ever sought counsel for being aired to the congregation. 12 and a half years they were at the church with us; learning, working, and growing along side us but it didn't matter because once you leave your nothing and anything good you did for the church never happened. Unable to abide by the laws which governed the church after a few months we began talking again. The very first time I spoke to him after he left I was consumed with guilt. I wanted desperately to talk to him but the thought of going to hell terrified me. You see talking to him was a sin and people who sin go to hell simple as that. Somehow this was such a huge sin I mean clearly we had been sinning all along but talking to the fallen was inexcusable. Talking to someone who turned their back on us meant you were a traitor. However, growing up I sacrificed countless friendships for my church and my relationship with him wasn't something I was willing to sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment