Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More than puppy love

Our families were friends: our mothers were friends, our fathers were friends, our siblings were friends. It was hard to ever be alone just the two of us since our families were friends. We grew up in a very strict church; dating was deemed of the devil, any type of physical affection toward the opposite sex was prohibited, and engaging in recreational activities was not allowed. Yet, somehow the two of us always managed to old hands when no one was looking, give a comforting hug when the other was having a bad day, and of course being a teenage boy somehow even in a house or car full of people his hand would explore. He was just reminding me a few weeks ago that I almost broke his hand in the car one afternoon when he was getting a little to adventurous :) 
I remember every little thing.I remember the intense heat I felt the very first time he touched me as we sat on the couch watching a movie. I remember the feeling of awe and sheer excitement the very first time our lips met as I sat on the top step of his home. I remember my favorite seat in the whole world being his lap. He always carrys on about how he was trying to be good and mind his own business while working on our ranch and I was always trying to get him in trouble. It didn't matter where he was on the ranch without even asking anyone I was always able to go straight to him as if he was metal and I was a magnet being pulled to him. If I hadn't experienced such love if he hadn't shown me true love I would never believe such a thing exists. He told me the other day the only reason I loved him is because our world was so small and the bubble we lived in consisted of so few people that he was my only option but that's not true: and even if it is and he was the only one I could have had I couldn't be happier that it was him with which I was stuck in the bubble.      

No comments:

Post a Comment