Friday, May 20, 2011

The letter....

When we were 11 and 12, I was mad at him because I felt he spent all of his time with his two best friends one of which was my brother who is older than me by a year. I thought he didn't like me anymore like maybe he no longer thought I was pretty. I told my best friend about it and the two of us concocted a plan to make him suffer. We decided I would write him a love letter and then a week later tell him I never meant any of it and that he was stupid to think I actually cared about him. Well I wrote the letter and she delivered it but somehow I never got around to telling him I didn't mean what I had written. I still remember the exact moment I decided I couldn't lie to him as if it were yesterday. My best friend and I were watching as he and his best buddies played catch. I didn't care how mad he made me or how much he hurt my feelings I could never intentionally hurt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment